The canoe is without a doubt the best way to discover the many lakes and rivers of the New World and to appreciate its great wilderness.
Aboard this typically Canadian water craft, explore the area around La Mauricie National Park. Welcome to families and outdoors enthusiasts in search of a true Canadian experience and an authentic return to the roots of adventure!
Accompanied by a canoe camping guide, paddle along the calm waters of real wilderness country.
Sleep in a tent at a rustic camp and eat dinner around a campfire like the coureurs de bois and the log drivers at the time of the fur trade. The next day your adventure continues aboard your canoe.
You may spot moose in their natural habitat or see industrious beavers hard at work. Stop on small islands and sandy beaches and contemplate the flora and fauna of the Laurentian Mountains, one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world.
Return to your departure point around 3:00 p.m. and resume your trip.
* The price includes:
- A certified guide
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 2
- All equipment (canoe, PFD, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, mess kit, etc), one night of camping in the wild and applicable taxes.
* The activity is accessible to everyone aged 4 and over.
* Minimum of 3 people. (NB: For 2 people, the activity will be billed at the price for 3.)
* As departure time is 9:00 a.m., it is impossible for this excursion to directly follow a night in Montréal. You must spend the night before the activity in Mauricie.
* After the excursion, you can resume your itinerary if your next night's accommodation is within 150 km. Otherwise, you must add a night in Mauricie.
Duration: 2 days
Departure: 9:00 a.m. on Day 1
Return: 3:00 p.m. on Day 2
Season: June to September
WHAT TO BRING:
* Required in June and September:
- Thermal underwear / base layer (e.g. Lifa)
- Polar fleece that can get wet (avoid cotton clothing)
- T-shirt, shorts, pants (synthetic)
- Polar fleece
- Extra underwear
- Shoes or sandals
- Shoes that can go in the water
- Clothing that can get wet for daytime
- Dry change of clothing for nighttime
- Small pillow if necessary
- Mosquito repellant
- Flashlight or headlamp
- 1-litre water bottle (full)
- Camera (may get wet)
- Cap or hat
IMPORTANT: The trip will take place regardless of weather conditions (barring extremes). Dress appropriately for the water and air temperature: there is always the chance of bad weather.