Get ready for an unforgettable stay filled with nature, discovery and wonder. Stay in a cozy inn on a large unspoiled island right in the middle of the St. Lawrence River!
Your excursion begins with a narrated cruise on board a modern, comfortable and safe ferry.
Your biologist guide will show you the beautiful landscapes that symbolise the St Lawrence River estuary, its marine life, as well as the famous Pot à l'Eau-de-Vie ("Brandy Pot") Lighthouse, the most charming lighthouse in Canada! Left to the birds and the seals, the lighthouse island has retained its wild and fascinating character.
Upon reaching Île aux Lièvres, you will discover the charming Auberge du Lièvre. You are sure to be delighted by its 9 pretty rooms, warm friendly welcome, and sumptuous cuisine.
The inn offers many amenities for your enjoyment: lounge on the terrace, chat or read in the small shared living room, or amuse yourself with a board game. In high season, you can have a light snack, coffee or beer at La Grande Course Cafe near the wharf. Once you arrive, a single activity is offered for your pleasure: the discovery of this large mythical island.
During your stay, you will be in close contact with nature in its most pristine state, in perfect harmony with the environment.
Lovers of nature, hiking and animal photography will be delighted with the island's 45 km of walking trails.
The island lies right in the middle of the estuary with its escort of belugas, minke whales (a small baleen whale present from late May to early October), porpoises and seabirds.
The price per person (based on double occupancy) includes:
- Round-trip ferry from Rivière-du-Loup
- 2 nights accommodation at Auberge du Lièvre (standard room)
- Trail access on Île aux Lièvres
- Three gourmet regional meals per day (full board)
- Applicable taxes
Duration: 48 hours
Season: June 3rd to Sep. 25, 2022
Ferry departure time: early afternoon, depending on the tides (return around 2:00 p.m.)
Departing from: Rivière-du-Loup wharf
IMPORTANT: Only children aged 12 or over can stay at the inn.
Additional information about the inn and the package:
- Alcoholic beverages not included in the package.
- Departure and return times may vary depending on the tides**.
- A maximum of 2 items of luggage per person is allowed on the boat.
- Some trails are not accessible until the birds have finished nesting (after early July).
- Café de la Grande Course next to the quay is open only in high season and accepts cash payment only.
** On rare occasions, tides may impose longer or shorter stays; rates will then be adjusted according to extra or untaken meals. Exact departure and return times will be provided when you make your booking.