Welcome to Pointe-aux-Outardes Nature Park! Located in the Manicouagan-Uapishka World Biosphere Reserve, this park advocates sustainable development and the protection of the environment.
With 8 distinct ecosystems ranging from peat bogs and beaches to boreal forest and red pine forest, it is the ultimate destination for discovering a variety of landscapes in a single location.
Home to almost 250 species of birds, the park is one of the best bird-watching sites in Québec.
So it should come as no surprise that you will be spending the night in... a giant birdhouse! Enjoy unusual and unique accommodations in the heart of the great outdoors. Each birdhouse is inspired by a different species of bird and is decorated with the materials used by the birds to build their nests.
You will meet Wabush, a friendly Innu elder who will be happy to teach you all about his traditions and culture. You will enjoy a snack of bark-wrapped salmon served with bannock (traditional bread) and Labrador tea.
With Wabush you will learn about this ancient culture's traditional fishing and trapping techniques, dwellings, transportation and spirituality.
- Propane stove
- Coffee maker
- Container for drinking water
- Sleeping bag (with washable liner)
- Dry toilet (nearby)
- Drinking water supply (nearby)
- Washroom facilities with bath and shower (nearby)
from $122The price per person includes:
- One night's accommodation in a giant birdhouse (double occupancy)
- Cultural tour with Wabush, an elder from the Innu nation (Montagnais)
- Snack of bark-wrapped salmon with bannock and Labrador tea
- Access to Pointes aux Outardes nature park
NotesDuration: 1 night
Season: June 1 to Oct. 15, 2018
Location: Pointe-aux-Outardes Nature Park