- Public liability & property damage coverage of $5,000,000
- Basic responsibility of $750 to $1500, depending on the accident/incident. Please refer to the table below for more details of coverage and deductible payable per occurrence.
- A security deposit of $750 is required ($1500 for drivers of 21 to 24 years old) at vehicle pickup. The deposit is refundable upon the return of the vehicle in the same condition as it was received and not involved in any incident claims. Any guest that is involved in an incident will have their deposit held (to the maximum charge listed below) for a minimum of 60 days until the incident claim is closed.
DEDUCTIBLE PAYABLE PER ACCIDENT
The guest is responsible for the maximum charge detailed below where expenses include, but are not limited to: towing, storage fees, damage to CanaDream Inc. vehicle, damage to third party property, injury claims, insurance adjuster fees, legal fees. In addition, a $100 administration fee will apply to every accident.Note
: The amounts stated in the table below are cumulative (per accident/incident)
Two-vehicle accident on a signed and numbered road, fire, theft or vandalism (with police and accident report)
Windshield / glass
Off Road (e.g. campsites, parking lots, driveways. gas stations etc.)
Single Vehicle Incident (Any damage caused by contact with any stationary object (eg: parked vehicle, walls, trees, bridges, etc) anywhere (0n or off-road, private or public property)
Vehicle Damage - cause unknown (including hit and run by unknown third party)
Acts of Nature (Natural disasters including, but not limited to, hail, floods, lightning)
Interior damage (not caused by two-vehicle accident on a numbered road)
Collision with animals
Tire damage (does not include tow charges)
$1 000.00 per tire
Undercarriage damage (not caused by two vehicle accident on a numbered road). Not covered by “Reduced Deductible” option.
No written accident report & police file number (or station notification within 24 hours of accident). Not covered by “Reduced Deductible” option.
Committing Hit and Run. Not covered by “Reduced Deductible” option.
Incidents while driving in unauthorized areas or in the USA without prior authorization. Not covered by “Reduced Deductible” option.
Incidents caused while the vehicle is driven by an impaired or unauthorized driver
Damages incurred during an illegal act(s) and/or wilful damage
UNAUTHORIZED AREAS AND URBAN RESTRICTIONS
Unauthorized Areas include northern surcharge areas, the USA , and any restricted geographic areas which CanaDream Inc. may determine at any time. Without prior permission to drive the vehicle in these areas, there is no insurance coverage; the guest is responsible for all damages, related expenses and costs; the guest is subject to a $900 penalty.
CanaDream reserves the right to restrict access to specific geographic areas at any time. These restrictions may be applied at the time of pick up. The guest assumes all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while travelling in restricted geographic areas.
Northern Surcharge Areas
A northern surcharge of $500 will apply for rentals starting at any station other than Whitehorse and travelling to the following areas:
Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John / Quebec and Labrador north and east of Sept-lles / Yukon / Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, BC / Baie James Road, QC / Nunavut / Highway 35 north of Peace River, AB / Northwest Territories / Newfoundland
Permission to travel to northern surcharge areas must be expressly requested and confirmed at the time of reservation.
PROHIBITED TRAVEL AREAS
Travel in the following areas is strictly forbidden at all times:
Logging and non-public roads / The Dalton Highway (north of Livengood) / Mexico / North Canol Highway in the Yukon / Denali Highway in Alaska / Death Valley between May 1 - September 30 / Any and all un-numbered roads and highways.
Parking of your vehicle is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal and Ottawa . This includes all pay parking lots, hotel parking lots, side streets, malls, etc.
To travel into these areas, park your vehicle at a campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc.
In the event of a theft that occurs in the Montreal or Ottawa metropolitan area, the Guest is responsible for $7,500.
- The insurance included with your motorhome rental does not cover liability for loss of personal property.
- The insurance does not cover costs for accommodation, transportation or replacement of vehicle if the vehicle is stolen or should an incident occur that makes the rented vehicle inoperable. In these situations, subject to availability, a replacement vehicle will be provided following the signing of a new rental agreement.