DETAILS OF INSURANCE INCLUDED WITH YOUR RENTAL
- Liability coverage of $5,000,000.00
- Deductible of $750. “$0 Deductible” option available online.
- A security deposit of $750 is required at vehicle pickup. This amount will be blocked on the credit card of the principal driver when the vehicle is picked up and refunded upon return of the vehicle in the same condition as it was received.
- Coverage for an accident on public roads (involving 2 vehicles), fire, theft, vandalism, windshield and windows.
- This insurance coverage will guarantee the renter a replacement vehicle when the renter’s vehicle becomes inoperable due to damage, even if the renter is at fault. The replacement vehicle will be delivered within 24 to a location agreed upon by Fraserway and the renter. Delivery will be limited to a province/state, which borders on the province in which the renter took possession of the vehicle. Any expenses for accommodation, food etc. are the renter’s responsibility if damage is the renter’s fault.
DEDUCTIBLE PER ACCIDENT & GUEST'S RESPONSIBILITY
|Description|| Basic insurance || With “$0.00 Deductible” option |
|Motor vehicle accident / Collision *||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Hit and Run / Vandalism / Vehicle theft / Fire||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Damage due to break ins||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Tire damages||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Windshield damage||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|General glass damage||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Impact with an animal||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Damages caused by back-up manoeuvres||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Damages caused as a result of a natural disaster (hail, floods, storms)||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Damages to the interior of the vehicle||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Replacement cost for lost keys or keys locked inside the vehicle||Up to 750.00$||0.00$|
|Negligence / Willful damage **||Coverage Void|
|Damages caused as a result of people using the vehicle without permission (not registered on the rental agreement)||Coverage Void|
|Failure to maintain proper fluid levels||Coverage Void|
|Damages caused by using the wrong fuel or wrong fluids||Coverage Void|
|Failure to maintain proper tire pressure||Coverage Void|
|Damage due to misuse of the brakes (overheating) and/or transmission||Coverage Void|
|Damage due to violation of restricted travel areas (see below)||Coverage Void|
|Roof damages caused by ignoring height restrictions||Coverage Void|
|Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs and/or other substances||Coverage void; all charges will apply|
|Theft or damage of personal property||No coverage|
|Personal injuries||No coverage|
* Any damages and injuries involving a third party (vehicle, person and/or property) must be reported to the police immediately. All damages must be reported to Fraserway as soon as possible.** Result of vehicle malfunction or damage consequent of deliberate and/or willful damage caused by an undetermined person or persons, and in accordance with the Rental Agreement signed by the renter.
- Damage caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or during any other criminal act;
- Damage caused by failure to perform basic maintenance of the vehicle (checking fluid levels, engine oil, transmission and brake fluids, tire pressure, etc.);
- Damage due to violation of restricted travel areas;
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle (not caused by an accident);
- Damage caused by an accident that was not reported to the police;
- Damage caused by back-up manoeuvres.
URBAN RESTRICTIONS & PROHIBITED TRAVEL AREAS
Parking of your vehicle is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal, Ottawa and New York City. This includes all pay parking lots, hotel parking lots, side streets, malls, etc. To travel into these areas, park your vehicle at a campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc.
In the event of a theft that occurs in the Montreal , Ottawa or New York metropolitan area, the guest is responsible for $7,500.
- Travel into Mexico is prohibited;
- Travel in Death Valley, California, is prohibited between June 1 and August 31;
- Non-public roads and off-road driving is prohibited at all times;
- You must obtain authorization to travel in the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Alaska (USA);
- The following northern roads are prohibited: Yukon: - Canol Road north of Ross River, Aishihik Lake Road, road between Dease Lake and Telegraph Creek / Alaska: Dalton Highway (Hwy 11) between Coldfoot and Prudhoe Bay, McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy.
Failure to comply with these rules will void the insurance coverage and render the guest liable in case of theft and/or damages.
- Drive on public roads only; overnight parking in parking lots, on the side of the road or at rest stops is prohibited. Always stop in safe areas and be sure to lock all doors when away from the vehicle.
- Fire alarm, propane alarm, and carbon monoxide detectors: it is your responsibility to perform test procedures and to repair or replace any device as needed (including battery replacement).
All replacement parts or repairs in excess of $50.00 require prior authorization from Fraserway RV. Please note that refunds can only be made upon presentation of a proper receipt. Malfunctions of the air-conditioning systems, microwave ovens, radios and cruise controls are not considered breakdowns and no compensation will be given.