Kilometres of beaches, yawning canyons, powerful waterfalls, secret caves, lighthouses, sparkling rivers, thousands of white-tailed deer, unimaginable fossils, impressive shipwrecks: this is what you can look forward to during your nature stay on Anticosti Island!
Early morning departure from Montréal (or Quebec City), arriving late in the morning in Port-Menier on Anticosti Island where a complete change of scenery awaits.
Pick up your 4x4 and set off along the island's (unpaved) roads in the direction of Auberge McDonald, your home base during your stay on the island.
The inn is named after Peter McDonald, who lived there more than a century ago.
Auberge McDonald is 105 km from Port-Menier, surrounded by a harmonious blend of land and sea.
The road follows the coast with its bays, capes and sandy shores.
We wish you an unforgettable stay on Anticosti Island!
Wake up for the first time on this wild and enchanting island bathed in the transparent light of the North.
Anticosti is a destination like no other. Its striking landscapes and diverse natural environment make it a great place for exotic discoveries and one of the natural jewels of Quebec: a real island paradise!
This immense unspoiled territory is a corner of Quebec that few people can boast of having visited. It provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities in harmony with nature.
For true nature enthusiasts, Anticosti Island is a must, offering a complete change of scenery, wild spaces, a peaceful atmosphere, a wide range of outdoor activities and privileged contact with the king and master of the island… the white-tailed deer.
But keep your eyes open, because the white-tailed deer is not the island's only inhabitant: you may also see foxes, bald eagles and beavers. There are many ways to appreciate the beauty of Anticosti's landscapes and discover the wealth of its plant and animal life. Whether you prefer to relax or explore the island, it is sure to enchant you!
During your stay, you will have the chance to take part in optional discovery activities run by a naturalist park warden.
For example, you can take a 4-hour guided nature tour of Anticosti National Park and the north-central part of the island.
"Tales and Legends" is another popular activity. This outdoor activity tells the story of the people and events that shaped the history of Anticosti Island.
Your 3-day stay on the island is drawing to an end. You return your car in Port-Menier before noon.
In the early afternoon you board the plane that will take you back to Montréal (or Quebec City), where you continue your Canadian adventure.
It is possible to extend your stay on Anticosti Island to a total of 4 or 7 nights.
The price is PER PERSON and includes:
- Round-trip flight between Montreal (or Quebec City) and Anticosti including 22 kg of luggage + 1 piece of hand luggage
- Accommodation at Auberge McDonald (2 single beds per room)
- Entry fee to Anticosti National Park
- Meals (from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on the final day) at Auberge McDonald
- 4X4 vehicle rental for the duration of the stay (with radio communication) including unlimited mileage and insurance with deductible of $2,500
- All applicable taxes
The price does not include:
- Transportation to the airport in Montreal (or Quebec)
- Fuel for the 4x4
- Tips for meals (at your discretion)
- All meals not included in the program
- Any other service not included in the program
- Personal expenses
- Paid activities on the island (payable on location)
- Fishing license
- Baggage handling
- Tire damage resulting in total loss of the tire (irreparable)
*** No refund is provided for major causes of cancellation, including flight delays due to bad weather or other conditions beyond our control.
*** Children travel free provided that they:
- are aged 2 or under
- sit on the parent's lap during the flight. The weight of their luggage is included with that of the adult in question.
- share the same room as one of the parents (no rollaway beds or cots available)
* Children with their own room pay the adult price.
NotesDuration: 3, 4 or 7 days.
Season: Departures from July 16 to Aug. 13
Departing from: Montreal or Quebec City
Departures available in 2018:
- 7 nights: July 16, 20, 23, 27, 30 and Aug. 3, 6, 10, 13
- 4 nights: July 16, 23, 30 and Aug. 6, 13
- 3 nights: July 20, 27 and Aug. 3, 10
* Possibility of departure from Mont-Joli on request.
* Flight times are confirmed at the time of booking. Expect a morning flight from Montreal (around 7:00 a.m.) or Quebec City (around 8:00 a.m.). You must be at the airport 90 minutes before departure time to check in.
* You are allowed a maximum of 22 kg of luggage + one item of hand luggage weighing no more than 4 kg. No excess luggage is accepted.
*The flight is free for children under the age of 2 (child must be seated on an adult and the weight of their luggage is included with that of the adult in question. In addition, the child must share a room with the parents. Note that rollaway beds and cots are not available).
* No refund is provided for major causes of cancellation, including flight delays due to bad weather or other conditions beyond our control.
* Auberge McDonald is located by the sea on the northern tip of the island, 105 km from the village of Port-Menier.
* The inn has 12 double twin rooms (= 2 single beds) with shared bathroom.
* As Auberge McDonald does not sell alcohol, the typically Quebec (and more economical) "Bring your own Wine" formula applies: bring along your favourite wine or other alcoholic beverage to enjoy with your meal. To avoid overweight luggage, we encourage you to buy your wine and liquor at the Port-Menier grocer-butcher store.
* The inn is smoke-free.
* For lunches included in your stay, it is possible to request a cold picnic lunch to bring with you on your excursions.
* Despite its wild nature, there are no predators or dangerous animals on the island.
* The roads are easy to drive on and road signs are clear. However, it is important to drive carefully, due to the gravel roads and large white-tailed deer population.
* 3-night stay: Arrival Friday and departure Monday
* 4-night stay: Arrival Monday and departure Friday
* 7-night stay: Arrival Monday and departure the following Monday OR Arrival Friday and departure the following Friday.