You board the bus late in the evening, and then set out for the Big Apple. Stop at the Duty Free store if time permits before going through American customs: get your passport ready!
You spend the first night on the bus as you cross New York State.
The bus stops a few kilometres outside of Manhattan, where you start the day with a hearty breakfast. You reach Manhattan early in the morning.
Upon arrival, your guide takes you on an orientation walking tour to show you some of the don't-miss highlights of the American metropolis: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue (with its high-end shops) and Central Park.
Lunch in downtown Manhattan. During the afternoon, you have free time to continue your exploration of the "Big Apple". Dinner at your own convenience.
Early in the evening, you transfer to New Jersey (or Manhattan) where you check into the hotel where you will be spending the next 3 nights.
This morning, you can choose to continue exploring on your own or take the 3-hour guided tour with a local guide to discover New York and its many attractions.
In the afternoon, you have the choice between visiting the Top of the Rock observation deck or Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
Back to your hotel in the evening.
Next morning, free time or optional tour of the Harlem district. After lunch, enjoy free time or an optional tour of downtown New York with its many tourist attractions: Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty (from the park), the financial district, South Street Seaport, Chinatown and Little Italy,
Dinner is followed by an optional sunset sightseeing cruise before returning to your hotel for the night.
On your last day in New York, you will have free time to do some shopping, visit a museum or enjoy the fresh air in Central Park.
At the end of the morning, you board the bus for the return journey. Dinner along the way and arrival in the evening.
The price includes:
- Transportation by bus
- Accommodation at a 3-star hotel for 3 nights
- 3 breakfasts if you stay in New Jersey (no breakfast at the New York hotel)
- Tour guide
- Travel documents
- Applicable taxes.
The price does not include:
- Meals not mentioned under "the price includes"
- Optional visits, payable on location
- Tips for the guides
- Personal expenses.
April 14* (Easter)
June 9, 23, 30
July 7, 14, 21, 28
August 4, 11**, 18, 25
September 1*, 15
October 6*, 20
* = Extra charge for long weekend
** = Extra charge for VIP bus (Dates to be confirmed)
Duration: 4 days / 4 nights
(3 nights at the hotel and 1 night on the bus)
Season: Departures from May 17 to Dec. 6, 2018
Departing from: downtown Montréal (or Québec Sainte-Foy)
* Children under the age of 4 are not allowed on this tour.
* Youth under the age of 21 who are not accompanied by an adult are not allowed.
* Pack a small bag to bring on the bus, as you will not have access to your main luggage before reaching the hotel.
* Price of optional activities (payable on location / subject to change without notice): US$25 for the cruise and US$15 for the "downtown" and Harlem tours.
PROCEDURE FOR ENTERING THE UNITED STATES BY LAND
· Present a valid biometric or electronic passport (regardless of the date of issue).
· Pre-apply for ESTA approval ($14/person to be paid by credit card directly on the official website).
· At land border crossings (between Canada and the United States and between Mexico and the United States) there is a fee of US$6, payable only by cash or credit card.
• The United States does not require an "authorization to leave the country" form.
• Note that customs and border procedures at land border crossings can take a long time. We thank you in advance for your patience and courtesy.
• With regard to the procedure for travellers who are not citizens or nationals of the following countries: Germany, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, please contact the American embassy in your country.
• With regard to visas, please contact the American embassy in your country.
NB: FOR TRAVELLERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL TO THE UNITED STATES BY THEIR OWN MEANS, HERE IS THE PROCEDURE FOR ENTERING THE UNITED STATES BY AIR OR SEA.
1. Present a valid biometric or electronic passport (regardless of the date of issue).
2. Pre-apply for ESTA approval ($14/person to be paid by credit card directly on the official website).
3. Have a return return/onward ticket out of the United States (by air or by sea, regardless of place of entry/exit).
4. Plan to enter the United States for 90 days or less (the stay cannot be extended; the visitor cannot change status, accept work or commence studies).
5. Present proof of solvency (credit card, traveller's cheques).
Note that a visa is still required for certain categories of traveller (students or prior refusal of visa application). For information about visas, please visit the website of the American embassy in your country.
*The ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a form that must be completed online by nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries prior to travelling to the United States. It allows them to obtain an approved travel authorization in advance of their trip. The information requested includes full name, passport number, country of residence, etc.
* An ESTA approval is valid for 2 years or when the passport expires (if less than 2 years).
* As of August 15, 2012, ESTA applications can be grouped together on the official website, allowing them to be paid with a single payment.
Citizens or nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries (Germany, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland), including children of any age, travelling to the United States for business or pleasure or in transit are no longer required to have a visa provided they meet the following conditions:
• Have a return ticket
• Have a machine-readable biometric passport
• Plan to enter the United States for 90 days or less (the stay cannot be extended; the visitor cannot change status, accept work or commence studies)
• Present proof of solvency (credit card, traveller's cheques)
• Complete the visa waiver form (I-94W) handed out by the airline during the flight.
• A visa is still required for certain categories of traveller (students or prior refusal of visa application).
FAQ about ESTA:
What is a machine-readable passport?
A machine-readable passport has 2 lines of text (letters, numbers and chevrons (<<<<<)) span="">at the bottom of the personal information page.
What is a biometric passport?
A biometric passport has an embedded electronic microprocessor chip which contains biometrics information that can be used to authenticate the identity of the passport holder.
Biometric passport or Visa?
Biometric passports are now issued in more than 100 countries. If you have a non-biometric passport, you can probably have it exchanged for a biometric passport, explaining that you wish to travel to the US. A biometric passport costs around 80 euros and is generally received within one week.
A visa is more difficult and complicated to obtain, and is only issued after an interview with a consular officer. A visa costs around 120 euros, is valid for 10 years, and can take up to 6 weeks to obtain. It is necessary if you intend to stay in the United States for more than 90 days.
For more information: contact the American embassy in your country
A perfect excursion to discover Manhattan
(Translated by Google) We voted with a great group of Quebecers and a top guide. Thank you Rolande for your kindness and your energy ;-)
To do absolutely
quality tour operator
(Translated by Google) bus driver and quality guides for a good discovery of this city.