Duration : About 90 minutes
Schedule : Departures every hour (hours vary according to season)
Season : May 28 to October 10
Departing from : Maligne Lake
No trip to the Canadian Rockies is complete without a cruise on Maligne Lake!
A heated cruise boat will take you out to Spirit Island in Jasper National Park.
This symbol of the Canadian Rockies, surrounded by turquoise glacial water, is accessible only by boat.
Maligne Lake cruises are narrated by Canadian Heritage tour guides, while the boat pilots are trained by Transport Canada.
Learn all about Maligne’s history and explain its geology, wildlife, flora and fauna as you discover some of the most spectacular scenery in the Rocky Mountains.
Upon arrival at Spirit Island, the boat will dock and you can enjoy a short walk to a viewpoint where you can admire the ring of impressive peaks and glaciers circling the south end of Maligne Lake, the iconic backdrop of Spirit Island!
|Season||Adult||6 to 15 yrs old||0 to 5 yrs old|
|2022/05/27 to 2022/10/10||$79||$40||$0|
* Price includes a 90-minute narrated cruise and the applicable taxes.
* There is a restaurant and a gift shop on location.
* There is a picnic area where you can eat your own lunch before or after the cruise.
* Canoes and kayaks can be rented on site, from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
* During the cruise, the boat will dock for 10 to 30 minutes to allow guests to disembark and photograph the famous "Spirit Island" (toilet facilities available).
Maligne Lake Rd, Improvement District No. 12, Jasper, (AB)
Absolute must see
A very nice boat trip to an iconic and unforgettable landmark.
Very scenic experience
Our new most special place on Earth.
You just have to see it yourself.................almost had to bribe my wife back on to the boat from Spirit Island.