Duration : About 3 hours
Schedule : Many departures everyday
Season : April 01 to October 31
Departing from : Victoria Wharf
Take an unforgettable orca watching tour and learn all about this fascinating species. Don't forget your camera or video camera to immortalize the experience!
The nutrient-rich waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca are a fertile feeding ground for ocean wildlife. Three pods of resident orcas or "killer whales" make this area their home during the summer months.
Imagine a 2-metre long dorsal fin breaking the surface close to your boat, as an 8-ton mammal comes up to the surface to breathe... It's a sight you will never forget!
You may also get the chance to see grey whales, minke whales, humpback whales, seals, sea lions and royal eagles.
You will be accompanied by friendly expert marine biologists and naturalist guides with Transport Canada Marine Safety certification.
|Season||Adult||13 to 18 yrs old||6 to 12 yrs old||0 to 5 yrs old|
|Season (2022)||$140||$109||$98||are not accepted|
|Season (2023)||$144||$112||$101||are not accepted|
* Zodiac tours are not offered to kids under the age of 6, pregnant women and people with back and neck problems.
* The price includes a 3-hour zodiac tour with a certified Marine Biologist/Naturalist, Isothermic clothing, life jacket and the applicable taxes.
* Departures are subject to change according to the weather.
* For guests staying in a downtown Victoria hotel, you may have access to a free shuttle to get to the wharf, based on availability.
* For guests staying outside of the downtown area, there is a parking lot nearby ($).
950, Wharf Street, Victoria, (BC)
(Translated by Google) We had a crazy afternoon! We saw Orcas, Whales, Seals and Sea Lions. To do!
not seen an Orca...only whales, sea lions and seals.
(Translated by Google) The safari should be renamed. We saw only whales, from quite a distance for 2h30. Fortunately, in extremis, just before returning we had the chance to see one up close which circled the boat for a while before diving