Here is an idea of the average price of a restaurant meal:
- Breakfast = $7 to $25 (average $10)
- Lunch = $9 to $25 (average $14)
- Dinner = $12 to $50 (average $20)
* Prices include taxes and tip.
Daily food budget
Your daily food budget according to travel profile, if you eat all of your meals in restaurants:
- Budget = $28 / day / person
- Moderate = $44 / day / person
- Luxury = $100 / day / person
How can you save?
The sample budgets above are based on all meals being eaten in restaurants.
Naturally, you can make substantial savings if you buy a few meals at the grocery store or local market.
That way, you can enjoy a quiet breakfast in your hotel room or a charming picnic lunch or dinner in a scenic location.