When planning your Canadian vacation, it might be useful to refer to this list of public holidays in Canada in 2022.
Most businesses, government offices, banks and shops will be closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day: Saturday, January 1st, 2022
- Good Friday: Friday, April 15th, 2022
- Easter Monday: Monday, April 18th, 2022
- Victoria Day/National Patriot's Day: Monday, May 23rd, 2022
- Quebec national Holiday: Friday, June 24th, 2022 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day: Friday, July 1st, 2022
- British Columbia Day: Monday, August 1st, 2022 (BC only)
- Heritage Day - Alberta: Monday, August 1st, 2022 (Alberta only)
- Labour Day: Monday, September 5th, 2022
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday, October 10th, 2022
- Remembrance Day: Friday, November 11th, 2022
- Christmas: Sunday, December 25th, 2022
- Boxing Day: Monday, December 26th, 2022
Other holidays in Canada
Many tourist attractions stay open on public holidays. It is recommended to check before visiting.
Students in Canada generally have a week off in November and another in March. The dates may vary between regions.
Furthermore, nearly 25% of Quebec workers are on holiday during the last two weeks of July (known as the Construction Holiday). As many tourist attractions can be extremely busy at this time, you might want to take this into consideration when planning your trip.