When planning your Canadian vacation, it might be useful to refer to this list of public holidays in Canada in 2018.
Most businesses, government offices, banks and shops will be closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day: Monday January 1, 2018
- Good Friday: Friday March 30, 2018
- Easter Monday: Monday April 2, 2018
- Victoria Day/National Patriots Day: Monday May 21, 2018
- Quebec national Holiday: Sunday June 24, 2018 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day: Sunday July 1, 2018
- British Columbia Day: Monday August 6, 2018 (BC only)
- Heritage Day - Alberta: Monday August 6, 2018 (Alberta only)
- Labour Day: Monday September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday October 8, 2018
- Remembrance Day: Sunday November 11, 2018
- Christmas: Tuesday December 25, 2018
- Boxing Day: Wednesday December 26, 2018
Other holidays in Canada (vacations)
Many tourist attractions stay open on public holidays. It is recommended to check before visiting.
Students in Canada generally have a week off in November and another in March. The dates may vary between regions.
Furthermore, nearly 25% of Quebec workers are on holiday during the last two weeks of July (known as the Construction Holiday). As many tourist attractions can be extremely busy at this time, you might want to take this into consideration when planning your trip.